Dec 1, 2010

Deepika unlearns badminton for Khelein...

People might think that Deepika Padukone is going deglam for playing the role of revolutionary Kalpana Dutt in Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey. But if we take the word of this stunning beauty, it's her most glamorous role ever. "I don't know why people think it's a deglam role. Personally, I love wearing saris, and that's why I wore it to Cannes film festival. Sari is the most glamourous outfit for any Indian women.
So in that way, I'm in fact playing a glamorous role in the film," says Deepika who came to promote Khelein... along with director Ashutosh Gowariker, co-star Abhishek Bachchan and other cast members in Ambience Mall, Vasant Kunj.
So how did she slip comfortably into this "glamoruos" role? Says Deepika, "I didn't have to do anything at all, Ashu sir decided all the details; right from my hairstyle in every scene, to what bindi and sari I would wear."
The actress might be a professional badminton player, but she found playing badminton hard in her introductory scene. She says, "Strangely, it was very hard for me to play badminton in that scene. The film is set in 1930s, and I couldn't afford to play like a pro. In fact, I had to unlearn my badminton skills to ensure that I don't look like a trained badminton player."
When it was so hard for Deepika, just think of the other girl, who was pitted against Deepika in the badminton scene. Newcomer Vishaka Singh says "she was not scared, but petrified".
'Working with Abhishek was bad'. Really?
Deepika and Abhishek are pairing up for the first time in the movie. How was the experience? Abhishek answers this question on behalf of Deepika, keeping a straight face. "Very bad. She hated me, hated working with me." Deepika smiles and says, "He's absolutely right."
"And you've got your headline," says Abhishek. As the conversation veers forward, Deepika clarified, "For your information ma'am, we were joking. I had a wonderful time working with Abhishek Bachchan." Headline gone, we wonder? Abhishek comes to our rescue, "Carry the first version in today's story, and another for tomorrow's story." Deepika urged, "Please don't say that." Everyone breaks into a laughter!
Rumour mills were recently abuzz about Deepika Padukone rejecting an offer to star opposite Shahid Kapoor in Sabeer Khan's Heer Raajha. Is it true? She says, "Well, I wouldn't have done a lot of films had that been my criteria of choosing a film. Height of an actor doesn't matter if an actor fits in a particular role."
So is she doing the film, "I can't disclose that now. Will reveal when the time is right," she adds.
Source: hindustantime