Sep 13, 2010

SRK credits Salman for fitness fad

Just a couple of days back, on a TV show, Salman Khan made it clear that there is no possibility of a patch up between him and Shah Rukh Khan (SRK), with whom he fell out a couple of years ago. Salman was quoted as saying, “Shah Rukh and I don’t talk anymore. We had a misunderstanding and parted ways. There is no chance of Shah Rukh and Salman coming together in the future.” All may not be well from his side, but it appears that SRK wants to mend bridges with his former friend.
While speaking to us on the six-pack trend that began post his shirtless item number Dard-e-disco in Om Shanti Om, Shah Rukh gave credit to Salman on the same.
Says SRK, “I didn’t start the trend, it just got noticed at the time. I have full respect for Salman Khan who began the trend – that it’s not just about building six packs, it’s about hard work and diligence in the gym. You can’t build a body with a Main kar loonga (I’ll do it) attitude or by lifting weights. It’s more like worship.”
The superstar, who is playing a superhero in his next production, Ra.One, went on to liken Salman to a Hollywood great too. “Salman Khan can be like Sylvester Stallone because he has that body type and machismo,” Khan says. “On the other hand, I never wanted to be fat or thin, I just wanted to be fit. So even when my trainer would insist I work on my shoulder or chest more, I’d refuse saying I only wanted an elegant looking body.”
Source: (wateen.net)