Sep 8, 2010

Priyanka Chopra Making Relations With Her Food

Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra got along like a house on fire while at the making of their upcoming romantic comedy ‘Anjaana-Anjaani’. Director Siddharth Anand, who had the unique experience of bringing the two superstars together,
confessed that while he had worked earlier with Ranbir in ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’, it was his first time with Priyanka and was quite unsure about how he would bond with the actress.

Speaking to a news daily, Siddharth said, “With Ranbir, I made a conscious effort to be far more serious this time around. Reason being that Ranbir and I are family. We have literally grown up together due to which there was so much comfort we shared in our ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’ days. It was tough for us to be serious.”
But with Priyanka, it was food that broke the ice. The director said, “Before I knew Priyanka, I had an impression of her as this Diva, especially so because of her Miss World background. It was only later during the narration that I got to know her better and realised that she was a very simple Punjabi girl who loved food. Once I found this common ground with her, I was able to break loose. Today we bond so very well, she is a buddy.”
This is the reason why producer Sajid Nadiawala is happy with the camaraderie of his director and actors. Speaking about this uncommon friendship, Nadiawala said, “I always go with my director`s conviction and once Siddharth finalised Ranbir and Priyanka, I was all for it. I have worked with Priyanka before in ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ so I pretty much know what she is capable. Ranbir is working for my banner for the first time and I strongly believe that his star quotient is tremendous.”
‘Anjaana Anjaani’ is slated to release on 24th September.

Source: (wateen.net)