Feb 6, 2011

Sonakshi Sinha is busy shedding extra pounds for ‘Race 2′


Sonakshi Sinha, who is in “Race 2″, will have to rev up the feline quotient to the optimum as director duo Abbas-Mustan want to do away with her ‘gaon ki gori’ image completely. So the actress is busy shedding extra pounds.
“First, I had to lose weight for my debut in Dabangg. Now I’ve to get into even better shape for ‘Joker’ and ‘Race 2′. For the last two years that’s all I seem to be doing. Losing weight. But I am fine with that. Because it’s important for me to look good,” said Sonakshi, 23.

After playing the demure village girl in in “Dabangg”, Sonakshi will get into a serious kickass mode for “Race 2″.
“Bipasha Basu was presented in a very striking way in Race. We’ve to make sure Sonakshi is equally presented in the sequel,” says producer Ramesh Taurani.
But before “Race 2″, there is Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”.
Sonakshi, who got no opportunity to display her dancing skills in “Dabangg”, was eagerly looking forward to her own slice of Farah Khan’s sizzle in “Joker”.
To her dismay Farah and Shrish have informed her that her character gets no chance to dance in their film.
“I requested Farah to please, please make me dance in her husband’s film. But my character doesn’t have any dance-able opportunities. Sad. We’ll have to wait for another occasion.”
Perhaps “Race 2″ will provide her with a chance to sizzle in a song and a chance to do some serious action.
“Yes,” Sonakshi says excitedly, “It’s a very guns-and-gadgets subject. And I’m looking forward to doing my own dancing.”
- IANS