Jan 10, 2011

Shazahn Padamsee to be leading lady

 MUMBAI: How many 22-year-olds get to work with the best in the industry? Very few, and I’m one of those lucky few,” says budding actress Shazahn Padamsee, who will be seen cast opposite Ajay Devgn in Madhur Bhandarkar’s soon to release Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji.

“I am a very ambitious person who wants to reach the top. Isn’t it every girl’s dream to be a leading lady, like Katrina or Kareena,” adds the actress who was seen with Ranbir Kapoor in Yash Raj banner’s Rocket Singh and with Chiranjeevi in a movie down South.

However, it was only after failed attempts at writing and event management that Padamsee discovered her interest in acting.

“I found writing and event management boring professions. Incidentally, I got a call for a theatre production and as soon as I heard the applause I knew I was made for this. I love acting, it’s in my DNA,” says Padamsee, who has her fingers crossed before the release of Dil Toh...

Describing her character, June Pinto, she states, “It’s scary how similar she is to me. June is this carefree, happy-go-lucky girl, who is childlike as well as mature, just like me in real life,” adds the young actor.

On working with Devgn, she says, “He is a senior actor and I have seen his films all through college. Working with him was intimidating initially, but Ajay is a witty person and I’m a witty person too. I get along very easily with people who have a great sense of humour, and Ajay too helped break the ice.”

Padamsee confesses that she is a die-hard romantic in real life. “In a very hardcore and sentimental manner. Had I been in love, my career would have gone for a toss. I can put my heart and soul into only one thing and right now it’s my career. Love can wait.”

And her hands are full with film projects. “I chose this career and like they say different strokes for different folks... I’m here for good.” -The News