Aug 20, 2010

Aamir to rebuild Rancho's school

All is not well in Leh but the popular anthem of inspiration and hope All Is Well from 3 Idiots has cast its magic. The Druk Padma Karpo School where 3 Idiots was shot has been completely devastated in the recent floods. In the film, the school was run by the prodigal student turned scientist Phunsuk Wangdu played by Aamir Khan. Among students Aamir's popularity runs deep and the actor has promised to help rebuild portions of the school washed away by the floods.

"This is not how I would have liked to revisit Leh. I will contribute myself and I also want the people to contribute to the PM's Relief Fund," said Aamir.
"I appreciate the role of the media in telling the people of the country about the loss in Ladakh, but please don't scare people. Tell them it's safe to come here. People should come here because tourism is the backbone of the economy. I am standing here, I visited several villages here and it's perfectly safe to come to Leh" the actor reiterated.
It is possibly the best line tourism-dependent Ladakh could have asked for.
Source: (wateen.net)