Aug 22, 2011

Priyanka wants me to sing for her - Jay Sean

International pop star and songwriter Jay Sean, who performed in the city on Saturday night as part of the Bacardi Like It Live, Like it Together events, can’t wait to work with good friend Priyanka Chopra. Sean was spotted at dinner with the actor in Mumbai last week, and is composing a few songs for her forthcoming international pop debut. “I have written three songs for her,” he says.Sean says the two discussed a lot of music on that visit.
Would he be singing with Chopra, too? “I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to it. We just haven’t talked that far yet. She wants me to, though,” he says.

Sean, who has performed with international artists such as Akon, Nicky Minaj and Sean Paul, says he is not new to Delhi. “I have come to Delhi many times before. I have family here, but I do not get to see them as often as I would have liked to, as we always usually fly in and out because of the mad schedules.” But, the London-dweller is a serious fan of his Indian heritage. “I love what our culture stands for. I love the hospitality of it. I love the warmth, I love the family orientation.”So could an Indian girl win his heart? “Absolutely! I think Indian girls are absolutely stunning. There is no shortage of beautiful girls in India.” So what’d his ideal desi girl be like? “Wouldn’t matter if she was Hindu or Muslim, as long as she was a person who had some culture, faith and background ... I like family oriented girls,” he says.

Jhooti to Jay

* Real name: Kamaljit Singh Jhooti

* Age: 30

* Born in: London, England

* Genre: Pop/R&B singer/songwriter/producer

* Biggest international hit: Down (2009). It made him the first solo artist of Asian descent to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart