Mar 19, 2011

How to use Internet on i Pad with WiMax USB


I use Wateen USB Dongle as my primary Internet connection. As you may know It is a USB dongle which connects with my Laptop – But, sometimes when I need to access Internet on my other devices such as net-book, cell phones, I Pad etc. simultaneously I end up with no option to share my DONGLE’s internet with them.
This feature of Windows 7  "Set up a wireless Ad Hoc Network" is really helpful in such situation.

Just In few clicks I can access my Dongle’s Internet on my all other devices. This can work with all WiMAX devices too, meaning that you can share your PTCL EVO, Wi-tribe and Qubee internet with other computers, devices too. So give it a try – it’s a life savior.

How to Define AD Hoc Network:

The first thing to do is to access "Set up an Ad Hoc Network" wizard. To get the wizard going, search it from the start menu.

·         Click On Start Button

·         Type "ad hoc" in search box











·        Click "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network"
·         Click Next









·         Now "Fill in the blanks". Your times starts now and no cheating :P












Let me help you on this "but don’t tell anyone".
·         In Network name write whatever you want to call your network. I choose "Wateen Wimax"
·         Security type:  Select  "WEP" ( WEP is an older security method. But it works on most of the devices flawlessly. so choose this.)
·         Security Key : Type the security key. 
In WEP Security method you can set up a key that is only 5 or 13 characters long.
·         Optional Step : Tick "Save this network" in case you don’t want to create a temporary network. But this option sometimes create an issue and gives limited access error when I hibernate pc. You can try what works best for you.
·         Click Next
       ·         Click "Turn on Internet connection sharing" and Tada you are done.










In case you face any problems while setting up AD HOC network then share in comments.


Incoming Search Results:
How can I use 2 computers with WiMax USB
Can I use IPad with WiMax USB
How to use internet on more than 1 computer With WiMax USB